Sunday, March 6, 2011

We're living for the weekend

 
Well that was one heck of a full on weekend - the ol' I need a weekend to recover from my weekend kind of weekend (could I say weekend once more? Yes, weekend.). I had two, count 'em, TWO weddings on one day. It's an incredibly nice predicament to be in but it's also kind of exhausting. We managed one ceremony, two receptions, four to six champagnes (plus or minus a few wines...) and about 35 instax photos. You'll also be happy to know I pulled out all my best Elaine Benes moves and danced til my feet could dance no more.
I also caught the bouquet - although there may have been some controversy surrounding my win and a small child might have been hurt in the process. I'm not even joking - oh how I wish I was joking. But seriously it's always a great day when you get to see someone you love marry someone they love and I got to do it twice in the one day. And even better still if the night is capped off with you and your best friends dancing like the biggest losers to Whitney Houston because we all wanna dance with somebody, right? (yes I went there)

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Haha! Congratulations on catching the bouquet despite the controversy! :P

Lish said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - and congrats for catching the bouquet :P

Post a Comment